‘With our son on his chest and my hand in his, he took his final breaths.’ A woman had a c-section to bring her baby into the world. Three weeks early so that the newborn son can meet his critically ill father

“I come to you with the most joyful, but also the saddest, news.

My husband Jb and I welcomed our second baby into the world on December 2nd.

This boy came into the world bravely and magically, with a huge miracle to complete in a short time.

Jb, my spouse, was hospitalized at Hartford Hospital on Sunday due to cancer problems.

On Wednesday, we learned that his 6-month prognosis had been reduced to a matter of days.

My husband and I knew that requesting an induction was the correct thing to do with our second son’s due date only three weeks away.

The team of ICU doctors communicated with the head of high-risk labor and delivery doctors without hesitation.

As soon as I was ready, they offered me an induction.

I kissed my lovely husband goodbye and implored him to stay strong and hold on for the baby, which he promised to do and me.

Wednesday night, we started the induction process in the hopes of scarce labor and vaginal birth.

Those preparations were shattered in an instant when a team of ICU physicians arrived in my room at 8 a.m. on Thursday to inform me that Jb was rapidly deteriorating and only had a few hours to live.

It was either a c-section right then and there, or Jb would miss out on meeting our son.

‘Let’s go,’ I responded without a second thought. And that’s exactly what we did.

I was in the operating room in less than a minute, and our baby was born barely 20 minutes later.

He was handed to me for a quick kiss before being carried up two floors and placed on his father’s chest by a team of physicians and nurses.

What is the miracle of it all?

Jb’s vitals improved immediately after our infant was placed on his chest.

By making subtle head movements and lovely murmurs, he also acknowledged our son’s presence.

Doctors and nurses made a place for my bed to be carried in next to my husband’s after I was stitched up.

I went straight from the OR to the ICU. My recovery period was spent staring at my husband.

I was saddened but awestruck by his fortitude as I looked at him.

With our son on his chest and my hand in his, he took his final breaths.

Delivering a baby three weeks early can cause many issues that may necessitate NICU time and breathing assistance.

Our son was born weighing 7lbs 4oz and measuring 20in in length, with fully formed lungs that poured out the loveliest of cries, as if God had prepared him for this precise time.

From the operating room to the ICU, hundreds of doctors and nurses seemed to guide us through the process effortlessly.

There wasn’t a dry eye in the room the entire time.

Some of them informed me that this act of selflessness would be with them forever.

My acts have been described as courageous and heroic by some.

It’s referred to as “love” in my case.

I did what I did because I cared.

I put my faith in God, knowing that this was all part of his plan, and I did what I needed to do out of love to fulfill my husband’s final wish.

We hadn’t decided on names till the moment of induction.

I knew in my heart that honoring my husband was the proper thing to do.

As a result, it gives me great joy to announce the birth of John Beeson Parke, our brave and amazing son (Jb).

Jb, welcome to the world.

“Your storey is nothing short of a miracle.”

new born baby holding his mom's fingers are being born early
Courtesy of Haley Parke

Please SHARE this article on social media to urge people to savor each moment.

Facebook Comments